Sunday, May 15, 2011

insomnia

so i believe that to some extent i am an insomniac. i don't know that this is based on fact, but i think its true and my sleeping patterns resemble those of insomniacs that i know. i realize that insomnia is linked to depression and i know i'm not depressed but it doesn't change the fact that i can't fall asleep at night. its cause my mind runs a million miles an hour and keep me awake for ever at night. its been this way since i was a kid. i would read entire books in a night because i couldn't sleep. its a good thing that i am high energy and don't need a lot of sleep to function, give me six hours and i'm set.plus i don't like sleeping, its boring. all of this is said to give purpose to my blogging at 1 in the morning. and thats all.
now for some T5.

1. God's grace and forgiveness. it is new every morning. great is His faithfulness.
2. the fact that He is strong in my weakness. I was given the opportunity to speak to some seniors in high school this weekend about what it looks like to do ministry in college(i am totally not worthy of that honor), and going into i really didn't know what i was going to say, but it was so beautiful to see God pull through and give me words. Praise Him from whom all blessings flow.
3. sweet incoming freshman. this sounds weird but like i said i hung out with seniors this weekend and they are amazing! I cannot wait to further my friendships with those girls cause they are wonderful!so blessed.
4. laughter. i love nothing more than laughing. i love to make other people laugh and i love laughing with others. this weekend i laughed more than i've laughed in awhile. so much fun with new and old friends. i love the unexpected community that the Lord has placed in my life, He knows my heart so well.
5. My cell group. they could be in my T5 everytime. cause they are superstars and i love them so much. Being at a senior retreat made it so hard to not get emotional and start counting down the days till my girls graduate(which is two years from now...makes me teary), but i have to constantly remind myself to live in today with them and take advantage of every moment we've got. LOVE THEM. as i said before God knows my heart so, so well.

-abbie lay

No comments:

Post a Comment