Wednesday, May 4, 2011

To Be Young

So i wanted a little break from writing an analysis of Robert Browning's "The Lost Leader"(yes, it is as exciting as it sounds...), so i thought i'd blog. Mostly cause i haven't blogged in something like 2 months, maybe longer, but i also wanted to write something that wouldn't be graded. where i didn't have to worry about ANYTHING. i can write as many choppy sentences as i want and as many long, wordy sentences as i want. i do what i want. also i just needed to put all my thoughts out of my little brain so i'd have more room to think critically about Browning's opinions on liberalism and conservatism. boom.

Thinks i am thinking:
1. i really like straight lines
2. i like patterns and symmetry. a lot.
3. i could do an entire blog inspired by what i read in My Utmost for His Highest everyday. no lie. its the best book ever written in my opinion.
4. i secretly like writing papers.
5. i make myself laugh harder than anyone else makes me laugh. except for maybe tiffany pennington and arrested development.
6. today i wrote a play that my mother read and then asked me what drugs i am taking...perf.
7. 80% of the music i have listened to in the last 2 weeks has been Shane and Shane. can't get enough. food for the soul. subsequently Shane and Shane pandora station is the best one yet.
8. I go through jags like that where i just listen to one or two artists or one playlist for about a month and then find a new obsession. First it was my Parenthood(tv show) playlist(best playlist ever made), then it was my 90's music playlist, then it was Mumford and Sons, then Passion 2011 for about a month, then Avett Brothers and Ray LaMontagne(another best), then Dave Matthews Band(for about another month), and now its Shane and Shane all day e'er day.
p.s. Avett Brothers pandora station is another winner if you're ever in the mood for some solid folky tunes.
9. i both love and hate the truth that the mouth speaks from the overflow of the heart. Its so easy to gauge where my heart is by the way that i think and speak. awesome accountability.
10. Avett Brothers song "Colorshow" is a new favorite. "be loud, let your colors show"
11. "Lord I'm finding who I am in all You are" beautiful.
12. it sometimes genuinely scares me, and always humbles me, to think about how abundantly blessed i am. my life is a true testimony to the Lord's beautiful, gracious faithfulness. not in the conventional way that people would think of a life being blessed, but i am blessed in a way that speaks of God's glory, and that is the best kind of blessing that a child of the King could ask for.
13. i am sorry that i didn't pray for Osama Bin Laden's soul while he was alive. we are the body.
14. i cannot wait to be in heaven with my Jesus, but i LOVE being apart of Christ's mission on Earth. the greatest honor.
15. my nephew is about to turn 1 year old. unbelievable. it feels like my sister was just telling me she was pregnant yesterday.
16. I never realize how often i am injured until i tell people about it, then i understand why people make fun of me.
17. i pray daily that people don't see me when they look at me, but that they see Jesus.
18. "break my heart with the things that break Yours"
19. i wish i was good at photography. photographers are so cool.
20. i love responsibilities. i love being forced into rising to a challenge. tasks are one of my favorite things.

Sometimes when i think back to who i was in high school and even who i was last year i can't help but smile. God has completely changed my whole world and my whole heart, and heres the thing, back then, i thought i loved Jesus. But i didn't even know what that began to look like. I loved Jesus because of what He could do for me, not because He allows Himself to be glorified through my life. i am now so much more of the person that back then i wished i could be! God is so faithful. i'll blog more about it sometime, but God has really put me through the fire and very little about it has been fun or even appealing from a worldly standpoint, but from where i'm standing, eyes fixed on Christ, its looking alright to me! God is so good and knows exactly what we need as His children. that is so beautiful. if you simply allow yourself to sit back and watch Him take control of your life, it'll be better than you'd ever imagine. He is so good. truly, wholly, perfectly, completely: He is good.

i will leave with my favorite quote from a children's movie:
"Your life is an occasion, rise to it"
-Mr. Magorium

"that'll do pig."(theres another for ya)
-abbie

1 comment:

  1. I think it's really special that I have a sister who likes to read and write and paint and who loves Jesus. I would love you even if you didn't like any of those things, but it's really cool that we can enjoy so many of the same things. You are a good friend & so special to me. Also, when I read that your nephew is about to turn one it took me a second to realize that is my son. I guess I'm not fully adjusted to the idea yet, either.

    ReplyDelete