Thursday, February 24, 2011

Justice Beaver

Day 2: a picture of someone you've been close to the longest.
alright, so this is myself and my sister stefanie. It is such a blessing to have an older and it has been absolutely amazing to see the different ways we've related and the different forms our sisterhood has taken on over the years. She's almost 9 years older than me so by the time i was old enough to play and be fun she was in high school and the picture above was taken the summer before her freshman year of college, i was only 8. So in my younger years there wasn't much of a relationship but when she left for college she left behind an incredible impact and something that I am still thankful for to this day. She made me a journal and put this very picture on it and called it "Sister Secrets" and it was to be our thing, and that meant the world to me. So much of who i am today is because of her and i don't even think she knows. It has been amazing to see what a steadfast, trusting woman of God she has been all these years, she is absolutely incredible and truly set the standard for me. i love a challenge and living up to the amazing woman she is is definitely a challenge in itself, but i have always wanted to be like her in many, many ways. She is a great sister and as we've both gotten older she is more than a sister but one of my best friends, always there for me with love and encouragement. i am thankful for her daily and can't imagine life without her. i have learned so much by just being able to observe her and the way that she lives life. She's the best.
thats all.

-Abbie

No comments:

Post a Comment