Thursday, February 3, 2011

Jesus Movement

i have tested 3 different openers to this blog entry and all of them were annoying and made me feel like i thought i was worth reading. With that said i'm just gonna jump right into it.
So the first day of classes of 2011 was january 18, since then we've had 4 going on 5 snow days...pretty good right? i'd say so.

Heres the question that's burning on my mind for the past few weeks, do you ever miss Jesus?
now allow me to clarify, i don't mean in the sense of feeling far from Christ. I don't mean that feeling of missing Christ from your life when you know that you're living a life apart from Christ. I mean in the sense of longing for Christ. Lately I have felt this longing for Heaven, longing to just be able to be in the presence of Jesus and be in awe of the Saviour that died, the Saviour that sacrificed his comfort and desires to take on the full wrath of the Father. I want so, so badly to be with Him. And don't even get me started on how much i long for The Father, oh my goodness. I think that God the Father is the worlds greatest mystery, He's His own best kept secret. I love that simultaneously He can give us such beautiful glimpses of His greatness and love, yet keep Himself a mystery and keep all of us guessing. ay caramba. I am just so in awe of God, the maker of the universe. He who was not created, but creates all life. I just want to sit in His presence, filled with wonder. I can't even begin to imagine what eternity will be like, but the idea and anticipation make me want to laugh and cry and sing and hug everyone in sight.

Now, the facts are these. (1) I am only promised today. (2) I don't know when i will finally get to join the body of saints in Heaven, praising our Father FOREVER. (3) I need to live for the future in the present.
With that said i can reach only one verdict. I need to live every single second of every single day for Jesus, for His name and for His renown. hecks to the yea. I think Oswald Chambers but it incredibly well when he said "we are not called to be holy men and women, but to be proclaimers of the Gospel of God."(my utmost for His highest). I need to carry the name of Christ, Louie Giglio talks about how as actives members of society we carry names, no one who is now famous would be famous if it was not for us. we carry names all the time, we hear a good song, see a good movie, go to a cool store, watch a funny show, see an extraordinary athlete, and whats the first thing we do? we tell everyone we know about it. we tweet it, facebook it, text it, whatever you want. you know what i'm saying. we are experts at carrying names, so why are we not experts at carrying the name of Christ? we carry the name of that which is most important to us. honestly the thought of this makes me sick, but also changes my life. the idea of carrying Christs name makes me miss Him less. it makes my time on this Earth so much more meaningful, so much more important, so much more urgent.

I have been given the greatest gift EVER. Being a follower of Christ literally rocks my world every single day...without fail. lets get real y'all. whats holding us back from changing the world? God has no respect for age. He doesn't give a rip how old you are. So lets do it. right now. lets change. lets grow. lets shape. lets restructure whats important. lets. glorify, sanctify, and make disciples. lets start a movement. a Jesus movement.
boomtown.

Jesus, let your presence drown out our desire for things that don't matter in the end.

-abbie.
(i have no idea what just happened. is this real life? i don't have any idea what i just wrote. thats the way it should be)

No comments:

Post a Comment