Thursday, December 16, 2010

Blogsville USA

i should really get some sort of award for being a good blogger. but not really.

December 15 – 5 Minutes Imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2010 in five minutes. Set an alarm for five minutes and capture the things you most want to remember about 2010.(this is gonna be hard because i have a terrible memory when i try to remember things, so good luck to me.)

Memphis-the last time me and my cell girls will ever go together, once again life changing. I never want to forget the moments with my girls and the beautiful children we ministered to.
Belize-WOW. never forget.
The day my nephew was born, i want to remember that sleeping in the waiting room and not leaving the hospital for over 12 hours is totally worth getting to be one of the first people to see a new, beautiful little life begin.
Crossland pick up days-i nanny and i never want to forget crossland days, the good and the bad, those kids are precious and say the most wonderful things!
Hard nanny days-I want to remember these days for when i'm a mom so that i can be prepared and be able to remind myself thats even when its bad every moment is still valuable and every hard day is worth it.
CRU fall retreat- wonderful bonding time with my best friend
study sessions for art history in Mullins with Kelly
Late talks with Megan Toney-BLESSING.
Family Thanksgiving in Destin- wonderful blessing bonding time
EVERY MOMENT WITH MY CELL GIRLS-no joke.
Ravencrest-what an experience to go back again but as a leader
My Amazing Race themed birthday party, best ever.

wow, that really flew by, yea i guess those are the most significant memories...so so many more that cover the year, those don't even touch it, but those are the biggest and my favorites to think about! I'm so blessed, yikes!


December 16 – Friendship How has a friend changed you or your perspective on the world this year? Was this change gradual, or a sudden burst

Oh my goodness, I have to brag on my dear dear friend Megan Toney. She has been one of the dearest, most precious friends i have ever had and over the past year has been an enormous blessing. Megan and I became friends randomly, we drove together to tulsa, and have stayed a very random, but wonderful pair of friends. She is truly amazing, God has shown me so so much through her and her words of insight and wisdom, if i was deserted on an island and could only take 5 people, she would be one of them. We could talk for hours and hours about everything. She is a constant reminder to turn my eyes towards Jesus in the good and the bad. To remember that i am his and i am valued by him no matter what the world tells me, no matter how invaluable i feel to those around me. We are kindred spirits and she will always be a dear friend who i miss with all my heart!

-Abbie Lay

No comments:

Post a Comment