Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Revelation

So, through reading my sisters blog I discovered a blogging movement called reverb10. It challenges people to, during the month of december, process the past year and prepare for the year to come. Honestly I think it sounds like a super idea, they provide prompts each day to help get the creative juices pumping. So here goes, for the next 31 days I will be reverbing10. Lets go.

Todays prompt:
December 1 One Word.
Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you?

My word that sums up the year 2010 is the word REVELATION. God has been doing an incredible amount of work in my life throughout this past year and it has truly been the biggest theme of 2010. Towards the beginning of the year I presented the Lord with a request, this was that He would break my pride, I told Him that I wanted Him to destroy it using whatever means necessary. I know that we often says these sorts of things to God not really expecting him to actually follow up, we say them thinking, "maybe He'll go easy on me since I was passionate enough to offer up everything, its the thought that counts right?" WRONG. I'm feeling pretty vulnerable right now, but i'm just gonna let you know that God has allowed me to be completely broken in every area of my pride. I have been humbled in both beautiful and painful ways. It has not at all been easy and I have cried more than ever in my life, but it is getting the job done in a big way. I have always struggled deeply with my pride and have grown to absolutely hate it over the past year, and finally i feel like the Lord is eradicating it from my life, it is unbelievably freeing and has allowed me to feel the greatest sense of peace and wholeness I have ever experienced. He has shown me, better yet revealed to me, so much of His love and faithfulness, no matter how much man may hurt me or disappoint He is always there crying with me, laughing with me, hurting with me, rejoicing with me, dancing over me. He is there. He is sufficient. His love is beautiful. I am so in love with my Lord. Beyond words. Beyond explanation. Beyond human understanding. I cannot hide my love.

Biggest blessing of 12/1/10?
2 Corinthians 12:9-10
"But He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses so that power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

hallelujah.

ok, well thats all I got for today. I'll reverb ya tomorrow.

abs.

No comments:

Post a Comment