Saturday, December 11, 2010

one for the road.

Ok, how bout one more for the night, just for kicks and giggles...who needs sleep anyway right?

December 11 – 11 Things What are 11 things your life doesn’t need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life?

1. selfishness
2. jealousy
3. a competitive spirit
4. discontentment
5. bitterness
6. anxiety
7. distrust
8. expectations
9. impatience
10. my will

alright, well these can all fit into one major category and that is called: INSECURITY.
I have in a big way struggled with the concept of trust my entire life, i'm not sure if its chalked up to the fact that i'm planner/dreamer or that as a child life was unpredictable, but i have such a hard time with the idea of "letting go and letting God", now I honestly couldn't think of one reason that i would have to not trust God, and i know we all struggle with trust, but i just fight so hard to keep a hand on the reins. To be completely honest, i'm sick of it. I'm so tired of having expectations and plans and then ending up disappointed or hurt of embarrassed because i did it all instead of putting God in control. So whats the goal for 2011? TO GIVE UP! I'm done being the one living my life, i want Jesus to flow through these veins! Now i know not all of those fit into the distrust issue, the bitterness, competitiveness, and jealousy are a different bread of insecurity that need to be uprooted and gotten rid of, I have recently, through the Holy Spirit, absolved one of the longest standing competitive feuds of my life and it is SO FREEING, Praise the Maker, He is good. What truly needs to happen is that I need to daily, take up my cross and follow HIM. He is all that matters, He is more than enough, He has saved me, why would I want to do anything other than live my life for Him?
the end.
-ross.
^a nickname from the great tiffany pennington.

No comments:

Post a Comment