Sunday, December 5, 2010

cold hands, warm heart.

Reverb numero dos of december five 2010. lets rock.
December 5 – Let Go. What (or whom) did you let go of this year? Why?

HOOOOOO BOY. where does one start? So much has been let go of, so much has been forgiven and forgotten, so much has been said goodbye too. I guess the biggest most, vague thing i've let go of this year is expectations. I am a dreamer in the biggest way possible. I love to dream which is not always a good thing, it often comes back to bite me in the area of discontentment, this was revealed to me continuously in the past year. I had expectations of my school which were painfully dashed, and had expectations of people I care for that were equally destroyed and were equally painful. Finally I decided I had to put an end to it, I could no longer live this way, always expecting and always ending up disappointed. I longed to be surprised, i longed to be grateful for the good and learn from the bad. So I did, through the strength of the Lord I was finally able to let go of expectations. Now don't get me wrong, it takes a daily denial of self and dependence on the Lord, but for the first time in my life I'm in a place where I can let the Lord surprise me and I can thank Him for His blessing without preconceived notions.
thats that.
-abbielay.

No comments:

Post a Comment