Sunday, December 12, 2010

mermaids.

December 12 – Body Integration This year, when did you feel the most integrated with your body? Did you have a moment where there wasn’t mind and body, but simply a cohesive YOU, alive and present?

OK, well there have actually been many moments when i've experienced body integration. Its not that I can choose one single moment when it has happened but it happens every time i'm in the water. I absolutely love water, being underwater is one of my top five favorite places to be. I'm like the opposite of ariel, ursula could have my voice any day if it meant i could breath under water, this is seriously not a joke. call me crazy but the weightlessness of being underwater is the greatest gift from God. Anyway i know it sounds silly but i feel so alive when i am underwater, there's no thought or question just peaceful, quiet stillness. I literally consider the pool in the backyard of my house to be one of the greatest gifts that I have been given. I realize that all of this makes me sound like a crazy person, its strange that the most alive moments i can think of from 2010 is swimming, but as i've shared before i love the water. I love to think about the crazy, mysterious water world that God has created. The uncharted waters. The undiscovered water life. The depths of the sea that are so far down that it would crush your lungs if you tried to reach it. WHAT? ok, i'll stop. i love water.

-abbie the mermaid...seriously though, i wish i was. i wish more than anything that they existed so i could be one. its out of control.

P.S. i have had one recurring dream since i was a child and it is that i'm swimming in a pool and i run out of breath and accidently gasp underwater, first i'm terrified that i'm about to drown, then i realize WHOA, i can breath underwater, then all is right in the world. i'm obsessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment